ICAEW’s Exclusive Climate Summit
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) is set to host a virtual climate summit next month, featuring an in-person discussion with Feargal Sharkey, a singer turned water campaigner. Sharkey will delve into his career journey, explaining how he took on the UK's water companies and regulators to tackle water pollution. He will also shed light on the actions individuals and businesses can take to prevent and reverse environmental damage. The summit will boast diverse speakers, including representatives from TRACE, A4S, the British Business Bank, Business for Nature, and renowned broadcaster Monty Halls. The goal is to engage business leaders, NGOs, and financial institutions in meaningful climate and biodiversity discussions. Organized by ICAEW's Sustainability and Climate Change Community, the event will span five days, from Monday, November 13th, to Friday, November 16th, featuring two-hour sessions each day. Richard Spencer, ICAEW's Director of Sustainability, emphasized the critical importance of climate as a business issue, underscoring the summit's role in providing insights and solutions for businesses facing these challenges. The summit will explore various pertinent topics on different days: Monday, November 13th:
- Financing the transition: Strategies to boost growth in transition finance.
- Funding for a net-zero future.
- Energy transition: Identifying obstacles to renewable energy adoption.
- Strategies to reduce energy demand.
- Climate tech and data: Preparing your firm with practical carbon accounting.
- Tools to support your transition plan.
- Connecting with nature: Assessing the threats to our waters.
- Exploring the feasibility of a nature-positive economy.
- A new era of accounting: Exploring sustainability and innovation in accounting.
- Disrupting the system: Evaluating the need for changes in accounting practices.
Add to your calendar